Friday, July 8, 2011

Video Games: Bitter Sweet

          Video games are great.  I love to play video games, like most people, but I would not call myself a gamer.  Part of that is because I have a Wii, nothing more, and the most violent game we own is Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Which I rock at, Pit owns).  And while I'm sure the video game industry creates jobs and all that, I think that an immense amount of talent, especially in young people, is wasted because of them.  I can almost guarantee you that half the guys in my school could raise their grades if they spent a little less time gaming and a little more time concentrating on homework.  Great, now I just sound like a crabby mother nagging at her brain-washed child.  But imagine the art, science discoveries, real-life friendships, and even exercise that could occur if we put, not just our controllers down, but our laptops, Ipods and phones down too.  Now I have done yet another transformation, now turning into a hypocrite.  Hey, old habits are hard to break, especially when technology makes more and more advances to keep us coming back.  Well, with any luck they'll find some unrealistic reason to keep off technology, like trans fats or something, and we can make the jump back from virtual to actual life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey woah, you clicked the comment button. You know what that means? It means you, my friend, are awesome. Because leaving comments makes me happy-SUPER happy-, and doing things that make other people happy, especially SUPER happy, is basically the definition of awesome.So go ahead, be awesome. :)