Saturday, July 9, 2011

Life Lessons from Tetris

          If you've never heard of Tetris, click here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris because it's annoying to explain.  If you want to play Tetris, click here http://www.tetrisfriends.com/games/Marathon/game.php?ref=from-homepage-ad because it's fun.
          Okay, so now that you're educated, let me tell you some things about Tetris.  I love to play Tetris, and the iTunes app is definitely worth the money.  Placing the colorful blocks in order to gain the most points is surprisingly addictive.  I've been playing Tetris on car rides since I was like seven, (the blocks were not always colorful) so it's pretty familiar to me.  What I've noticed, especially when playing the app, is that they tell you the pieces you're getting next on the side.   But who the heck uses that!?!?!  It could probably be extremely useful but, you're so concentrated on putting your current piece in the right spot, that you could care less about knowing what's ahead.  And yup, you guessed it, them there's the analogy.  I know that I definitely get caught up in the present and forget to look towards the future.  Then the future pops up on the top of your screen and you're like, "Woah, how the heck do I deal with that?!", and you wish you would have planned for it before.  Planning for, and looking towards, the future can be highly beneficial, so although I'll probably never use it in Tetris, I'll try to look ahead in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey woah, you clicked the comment button. You know what that means? It means you, my friend, are awesome. Because leaving comments makes me happy-SUPER happy-, and doing things that make other people happy, especially SUPER happy, is basically the definition of awesome.So go ahead, be awesome. :)