Thursday, July 7, 2011

Things Remembered (Not the Store) and Dirty Laundry

Have you ever looked back on an event and were surprised at the bizarre part that your mind chose to remember? I know I have. I'm completely blanking on some examples now, but I know I've thought that to myself before. I wonder what process the brain goes through when selecting a memory. And imagine the power we would hold if we mastered it! But one thing about what an entire culture chooses to "remember" by passing it down to the next generation is that it is more often then not positive. I mean really, I am just entering high school and you would think that by now I would have had a proper lesson on the Holocaust, or the Vietnam War. And wasn't there a Korean war too? Now I know we shouldn't go around giving little children nightmares about Hitler, but it seems society is trying to block the memories out, to forget these failures or tradgedies ever occured. All that's left of them are bad airs to the words "communist" and even "Germany" "North Korea", and "Vietnam". I didn't even know what communism was until seventh grade, but some how the negetive vibe of the word had been with me, it seemed, since birth. And communism as a philosophy wasn't even the enemy! Our cultures attemps to cover up history's mistakes are skewing the understood facts. Please, just give everything to me straight up, it's saves you alot of trouble including future chewing outs like this one. Never doubt the cunning of the next generation, dirty laundy can only sit so long before it starts to stink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey woah, you clicked the comment button. You know what that means? It means you, my friend, are awesome. Because leaving comments makes me happy-SUPER happy-, and doing things that make other people happy, especially SUPER happy, is basically the definition of awesome.So go ahead, be awesome. :)