Monday, September 5, 2011

That Four-Letter Word

          Love. *GAG* Eww gosh am I really blogging about love? Have I allowed myself to be reduced to the overemotional, hormonal teenager that stereotypes me from every angle?  Maybe, but I definitely haven't crossed that line just yet.
         See, love doesn't have to be romantic to be powerful.  Maternal love drained The Dark Lord of his powers for Pete's sake! (Yes, I have been dragged into Harry Potter.  Goblet of Fire, you're up!)  But here, by powerful I mean able to influence someone into actions normally unconsidered, or able to provoke emotions that could not exist without love.  Romantic love I know nearly nothing about, but I have loved people, (meaning other than family) and the depths at which they have hurt or affected me can only be explained by the fact that I truly loved them.  I am not "in love" with these people, but simply love them, in the literal sense of the word.  The dictionary basically defines love as "a strong affection" for someone.  But I would define love as a strong affection paired with a kind of obsession with the well being of the person and their feelings towards you.  Love hurts, enlightens. inspires, and captivates you all at the same time.  Only love can keep you up at night with only one thing on your mind.  Only love causes some actions to be preformed.  And without love, the world would be a completely different place, if it existed at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey woah, you clicked the comment button. You know what that means? It means you, my friend, are awesome. Because leaving comments makes me happy-SUPER happy-, and doing things that make other people happy, especially SUPER happy, is basically the definition of awesome.So go ahead, be awesome. :)