Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Little Venting Never Hurt

          Wow, yet again I'm balancing on the edge of fulfilling another stereotype.  I'm actually blogging because I'm angry, like some angsty teenager hidden away in the basement.  But I'm not angsty, just angry, and I am not in a basement, but in a well lit room, which, I must add, is painted pink, if that can tell you anything.  I'm blogging to say it's hard to be a decent person, especially when emotions like anger cloud your mind.  I'm upset because some things were said about my extremely good friend by someone I didn't know, and who didn't have a clue about the situation being discussed. And worse yet, it was on that abomination we call FaceBook, for people like me to see and get violently pissed.  You have no idea how close I got to writing this witty, disapproving comment that would give her a piece of my mind (causing me to fill another stereotype of having prissy word fights on FaceBook. By the way, those things are hilarious to read if you're not the one invoved).  But I decided to talk the friend in question first, but when she couldn't talk I was left to think more about what I would say.  Then the annoying "Don't stoop to her level" thought burst into my head and I knew it was right. If I had said similarly mean things to her, wouldn't that just make  me the same rude, ignorant person she was ?  Even if I had reasons for what I would say, hurt is hurt, all the same.  BUT IT'S HARD.  I know an eye for an eye makes the world blind but losing an eye hurts. And hurt brings anger and anger brings the desire for vengeance.  It's a cycle.  Breaking the cycle is unnatural, against our instincts even. For once I wish I could flow comfortably in the cycle, without morals and guilt holding me back.  Well I guess I feel better now that I've worked through it here. I think that's why people blog when their angry.  It forces them to look at the situation from the reader's angle, and assume that the reader would want them to do the right thing. Thank goodness I worked that one out, sorry you all had to endure my thought process.  I hope you at least had an anger-free day! :)      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey woah, you clicked the comment button. You know what that means? It means you, my friend, are awesome. Because leaving comments makes me happy-SUPER happy-, and doing things that make other people happy, especially SUPER happy, is basically the definition of awesome.So go ahead, be awesome. :)